- Subscribe your friend to a licensed software for professionals
- Choose a backpack for a photo equipment
- Buy a reflector for a photographer birthday
- Get impressed with a crystal ball
- Look for external drives, as creative photography gifts
- Be eco friendly with a solar charger
- Consider drones as Christmas gifts for photographers
- Order a personalized camera strap
- Include a photo lantern into photography gifts ideas
- Use a remote shutter release
- Get a graphic tablet, thinking of presents for photographers
- What else if not a camera slider?
- Consider that lens are top gifts for photography enthusiasts
- Which gifts for photographers can be better than a laptop or monitor with IPS-matrix?
- Find a new camera to win the contest of the best gifts for photographers
- Choose a rain cover for the camera
- Enjoy specialized magazine subscription
- Add external flash into the choice of gifts for the photographer
- Prepare a spare battery and a camera flash drive
- Choose a set of light filters
- Find a photo background to present with love
- Get a photobox
- Create an accessory in a form of a camera
- Bake some themed gingerbread or cupcakes
- Give the thermo mug in the form of a lens
- Find a bathrobe kit
- Clean camera and accessories with a personalized set
- Organize a trip to the photo tour
- Book a photo studio
- Purchase a certificate for printing photographs and photo books
- Get a bonus for a photographic equipment store
- Visit a master class in photography
- Get a tent
- Stay old fashioned and give a notepad
- Choose a microphone, headphones, vinyl
- Get a scanner
Before holidays, we usually ask ourselves the question: what gift to choose for friends and loved ones?
We will tell you about photographer gifts in order to please him for sure and not make a mistake.
Start with a tripod. A tripod is a must-have accessory for those who like to shoot landscapes, especially with long exposures. The monopod is also suitable for sports photographers who like to shoot on the move, including wiring.
1. Subscribe your friend to a licensed software for professionals
You can pay for Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop for a month or for a year and send access to the photographer's e-mail, who will no longer have to use other versions of the software.
2. Choose a backpack for a photo equipment
A backpack for equipment with various compartments for a camera, lenses, tripod, reflector and other accessories is in a list of unique gifts for photographers who does not yet have such a backpack, but have already accumulated a lot of equipment. Pay attention to the tailoring and the quality of materials, as the backpack should be made of waterproof and stain-resistant fabric.
3. Buy a reflector for a photographer birthday
This is a great and, most importantly, a budget gift, which will help to shoot against the sun and to highlight dark areas of the frame. This is a lightweight and compact accessory that even fits into a woman's purse, but for an expert it's worth having!
4. Get impressed with a crystal ball
It is a simple but effective gift for a person who practices various types of photography. Crystal ball permits to capture easy shots in a very extraordinary way. It is a trendy and small item. You can find it of various sizes online with a nice festive packing.
5. Look for external drives, as creative photography gifts
An invaluable item is a place for a photo archive. No cloud or computer memory can hold the terabytes of photos you want to keep. Store photos not only as memories, but also to confirm your copyright or to send them to customers who may lose their pictures.
6. Be eco-friendly with a solar charger
Classic chargers and batteries are important for every photographer. In case there is a long trip in a wild with low chance to find electricity, then a solar battery charger is a perfect solution. Imagine its simplicity and guarantee to be always ready to capture a magnificent picture.
7. Consider drones as Christmas gifts for photographers
This aerial vehicle is capable of taking off with a camera, which allows you to take crazy natural and urban landscapes, reportage or investigative journalism. The drone can capture both photos and videos! This is not only a useful photographic technique, but also a cool toy for adults. It also allows you to participate in aerial photography contests!
8. Order a personalized camera strap
It is unbelievably easy to become unique, using the same equipment and materials. If you want to show your friend how important his personality is, order a leather camera strap. This is an awesome item which can be individually ordered from various online shops with stamp, initials and unique design.
9. Include a photo lantern into photography gifts ideas
This is a cool thing for a backlit shooting in low light conditions. With the help of a flashlight, you can highlight the silhouettes of heroes, shoot rays between them, or simply highlight faces. The lantern is an essential feature of all picture tours.
10. Use a remote shutter release
This is a tool which is used by many professionals. Its value has no doubts for specific shooting processes. Be sure that your friend will be grateful for such a useful present.
11. Get a graphic tablet, thinking of presents for photographers
For experts who spend a lot of time retouching, especially portraits, a graphic tablet will be an item that will help to speed up the processing and make this process more comfortable. Using a special pencil and gloves, you can draw shadows, eyelashes, eyebrows and hair in the photo, as if on a sheet of paper!
12. What else if not a camera slider?
Not everyone knows the importance of an accessory during the shooting process. A slider will help to catch perfect pictures of macro shots. It is still and comfortable, when a photographer needs to move the camera changing angles and focal points. Check this item and it will definitely gain popularity.
13. Consider that lens are top gifts for photography enthusiasts
If you know exactly what len-kind your friend is, give such a valuable gift and he will definitely be delighted! After all, the beauty and quality of photography is 80% dependent on the lens, and only 20% comes from the camera or smartphone.
14. Which gifts for photographers can be better than a laptop or monitor with IPS-matrix?
Great ideas are for any sum. To process photographs, a photographer needs a screen with adequate color rendition and a computer with a large amount of RAM, since photo editors are very demanding.
15. Find a new camera to win the contest of the best gifts for photographers
If the person you are thinking of donating a camera does not have one yet, you will have to choose between a simple portable option, a DSLR and a mirrorless camera. It is better to discard simple devices right away, since now phones are already shooting better than compact cameras. But a DSLR or a mirrorless camera, rely on your budget, camera weight and, of course, its matrix. If the friend already has a camera, then it is better to clarify whether he wants to change it and, if so, with which one.
16. Choose a rain cover for the camera
All professionals are advised to carry at least an ordinary plastic bag with them so that in case of rain they can wrap the camera and save the equipment from moisture. However, it is much more pleasant to put on a special waterproof case. Such tems look professional and stylish gifts for photography lovers. You can complement it with a beautiful raincoat or stylish rubber boots, as photographers often shoot from the water.
17. Enjoy specialized magazine subscription
There is always something new in the world of photography. That is why a good magazine for experts is a great assistant in inspiration and new ideas. It is interesting not only for professionals but for all the family members and friends.
18. Add external flash into the choice of gifts for the photographer
The built-in flash can only kill all the volume and depth in the frame, so self-respecting photographers never use it. But for shooting against the light, in cloudy weather or at dusk, an external flash is very helpful, which is worn on the camera or, if there is a synchronizer, it can even serve as a side light source. Battery-powered portable video light will allow you to get high-quality footage, regardless of lighting conditions.
19. Prepare a spare battery and a camera flash drive
These are necessary consumables and perfect gift ideas for photographers. They always help out in the most difficult moment. If your friend or family member likes to shoot for a long time, goes on photo trips and participates in picture marathons, he definitely needs a safety kit5 in the form of a spare set of battery and memory card.
20. Choose a set of light filters
For creative and great gifts for photographers, color filters are useful for shooting, for example, in the studio, and neutral grays, gradient and polarizing filters are useful for landscape photography.
21. Find a photo background to present with love
For a professional who takes pictures of a subject and food, these photo backgrounds are among the most useful gifts for a photographer. You can buy a background made of wood or concrete or make it yourself. Do you remember that the best gift is the one that is handmade.
22. Get a photobox
A white cloth box for photographing is an item that helps to shoot goods for online stores or, for example, manicures. The white box walls serve as a perfect white backdrop and reflector for zero handling.
23. Create an accessory in a form of a camera
A photographer girl can be presented with a charm bracelet in the form of a camera or a gold pendant of a similar shape. This gift looks symbolic, but at the same time it is not just a souvenir or a useless item, but an accessory that can complement any look even for fun.
24. Bake some themed gingerbread or cupcakes
Gingerbread cookies or cupcakes with chocolate "canons" and "nikons" can be great gifts photography styled, especially if you bake and decorate them yourself especially for your favorite photographer.
25. Give the thermo mug in the form of a lens
Why not? When a photographer has no time to drink coffee between shoots, such a mug can even save him from colds and overwork. Just add a preface to the gift so that the person doesn't think at first that this is a real lens, because you want to present a pleasant gift, not a disappointment.
26. Find a bathrobe kit
If you are already creative, you can even wear a simple t-shirt with a camera on the back. This is a warm and cozy gift that will suit any person, but with embroidery you can make it more individual.
27. Clean camera and accessories with a personalized set
This is a useful little present that any photographer should have. By supplementing any gift with a set for the care of photographic equipment, you will show attention and care for the person and his equipment, which will pleasantly surprise him.
28. Organize a trip to the photo tour
Show how much you support and accept your loved one’s passion for photography. Sending him or her on a photo trip or even going there together! Such tours are organized and carried out by professional photographers who share their knowledge and experience throughout the trip.
29. Book a photo studio
Typically, customers pay for the photo studio, but a subscription to rent a favorite photo studio can give a photographer a unique advantage. You can already include the studio in your package of services and thereby distinguish yourself from colleagues.
30. Purchase a certificate for printing photographs and photo books
Every professional sometimes needs to update their portfolio, including in the form of photo books. It can also serve as a unique offer for clients: a package of services and a photo book as a gift! Such a gift will help promote the photographer and demonstrate your faith in his success.
31. Get a bonus for a photographic equipment store
Such a gift will be as versatile as possible, since the photographer will always find something new to buy from photographic equipment and accessories. If you are not sure what kind of gift the photographer needs, it is better to present a certificate for a certain amount.
32. Visit a master class in photography
Every photographer, even the most experienced, needs to constantly develop and find inspiration. An inexhaustible source of ideas and energy are the master classes and photography courses that take place in photo schools. In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a specific course or master class, it is better to present a certificate for a certain amount, and the photographer himself will be able to decide what format of training he is interested in.
33. Get a tent
If a lantern is an option for a landscape photographer, then a tent is a must:
Sometimes on the right day the sun is covered by clouds, or vice versa, it is clear, but clouds or fog were waiting; spending the night is not uncommon.
Sometimes it can rain during the shooting and it is better if you set up the tent in advance: the equipment is safe, and he himself did not get wet.
Sometimes it is convenient to shoot on a TC (Tethered Capture), the tent will allow us to sit comfortably and protect expensive equipment from dust, overheating in the sun, and other things. Sometimes ... there are many situations, it is impossible to list everything.
34. Stay old fashioned and give a notepad
A gift for the conservative and motivated, creative and considerate person. It is inexpensive and valuable. You know who to remember with a kind word when you open your personal collection of thoughts. Do you know who appreciates and understands your work - the moment of preparing the staff, etc. You know that as long as it's not digitized, a notebook of ideas is just as valuable as a film or Polaroid photo.
35. Choose a microphone, headphones, vinyl
If your loved one or coworker writes their YouTube tutorials, they often need a good microphone. If you find something good online, then it will be the best to buy and present.
If your photographer loves listening to music on headphones, or is a connoisseur of vinyl, the idea of the gift is clear. Vinyl and headphones are gifts which will be appreciated not only by a music lover, but also by a photographer who does not like to process pictures in silence.
36. Get a scanner
Not everyone, but many photographers who shoot on film need a scanner:
- To digitize a photo archive.
- To make retouching easier.
- To post photos on the internet.
As a rule, they turn to a photo lab for such a service. But it is expensive, and over time, many tend to buy their own scanner, but there are nuances:
- Many professional models have been discontinued.
- Many of the models available are the hobbyist segment of the market.
- Many professional models are not even found on auctions like eBay.
Gift means attention, care, expression of appreciation and gratitude. That is why it is better not to consider souvenir products, the purpose of which is to entertain (or distract) those who did not play enough in childhood, or did not have time to realize that a photographer is a mature profession. Choose the option you consider the most suitable for a person you want to impress and buy it, whether it is an underwater photo equipment or a light ring to become a lead photographer.